About the role
Purpose: To contribute to the planning & execution of our optimisation strategy to maximize website
and digital growth. Using a process of research and analysis, identifying new ways to
improve UX and website conversion in addition to validating ideas received from business
Reports to: CRO Manager or WEB Optimisation Manager
Projects And Day To Day Management
● Responsible for providing creative and practical improvements to schuh websites and digital
● Produce analysis on competitor website behaviour, trends and performance, providing detailed
actionable insight and highlighting potential opportunities.
● Assist in the development Develop the hypothesis for A / B and multivariate testing (MVT) for the
● Excel in researching with a variety of qualitative and quantitative data sources to create
hypotheses that identify areas of improvement for the schuh online channels, and present to the
● Demonstrate an excellent understanding of UX principles, including customer psychology,
neuromarketing and other best practices, to generate effective & robust product solutions.
● Drive design and technological development of the site through a detailed appreciation of
competitor activity, best practice and the market.
● Demonstrate an ability to represent the best interests of ecommerce when identifying areas for
performance improvement & associated test hypotheses.
● Demonstrate a commercial understanding of our business, and how our conversion rate
optimisation strategy is affected.
● Take ownership to prioritise daily and weekly workload accordingly, and have regular
communication to all relevant departments ensuring timelines are kept.
● Where appropriate undertake complimentary UX / UX optimisation tasks as requested by the
optimisation management team.
● Assist or support with other analytical tasks as required.
● Good understanding of digital technologies
● Good understanding of A/B Testing & Multi Variant Testing methodologies.
● Good understanding of UX practices
● Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
● Good understanding of analytical skills and tools
● Discipline in mathematics or data science.
● Good knowledge of data structures / databases
Measurement, Reporting And Benchmarking
● Ensure that all UX research meets the expectations of the optimisation team and align to the
industry best practice.
● Ensure that the schuh project management process has been undertaken and documented for
any UX / UI changes.
● Identify problems before they arise moving from reactionary design to revolutionary design.
● Demonstration of good operational time management and optimisation.
● Ensure a streamlined, consistent way of working with documentation of processes.
Company, People & Relationships
● Promote assertive, warm & professional relations with other teams and departments,
communicating face to face where possible.
● Be aware of department standards and adhere to at all times.
● Understand the layout of the Optimisation Team and the wider business , including different teams
and the Management structure.
● Acquire a wider knowledge of the rest of the business, including Head Office and stores.
● Take responsibility for your own development and aim to understand all tasks and processes.
● Work towards and achieve any goals / objectives set for you.
● Welcome the opportunity to gain experience in other areas of the business.
● Understand the needs of the department & business may vary from time to time and aim to be as
flexible as possible.
● Understand and comply with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
● Carry out further duties as required by the Company.