About the role
JOB TITLE: Asset Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Real Estate
We have a new opportunity for a Chartered Surveyor to join our Real Estate team.
This is the perfect opportunity to step up and assist in the asset management of the store estate and we are committed to providing applicable training and future progression opportunities
The Person / Responsibilities:
- Experience in all sectors of the retail market, ideally across the UK
- Able to prepare and deliver asset management strategies for lease expiry and lease breaks
- Familiar with the lease acquisition process and comfortable liaising and working with external agents
- Have an in-depth understanding of lease structure and able to confidently interact with our solicitors
- An understanding of the rent review process and Landlord & Tenant Act
- Is able to take ownership and co-ordinate business rates appeals with our Rating Advisors
- Liaise with other schuh departments that work closely with Real Estate, such as Store Development and Finance.
- Play an active role supporting the evolution of our property database
- A knowledge of dilapidation procedures to assist with managing store exits
Experience & Skills:
- RICS status with a minimum of 3-4 years post qualification experience is preferable, but not essential
- Worked in the retail market and familiar with in town and out of town sectors
- A good communicator and team worker
- Comfortable interacting with different schuh teams
- Willing to help others within the team that are working towards their APC
About the Location:
This is a hybrid role, with expectation to be in the office 3 days per week and the remaining 2 days, should you wish, can be home based.
Situated in Livingston, our site is in-between Edinburgh and Glasgow and very easily reached by car and public transport. Neilson Square is the home of our original warehouse and distribution centre, as well as many head office functions.