About the role
You do you, and we do shoes.
Sure, we’re all about shoes and sneakers but we’re also about the people wearing them.
Our vision is People.Purpose.Progress and central to this is our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities and want you to express yourself every day, no matter who you are.
To support an inclusive environment, our purpose groups – racial equality, LGBTQ+ equality, disability equality, mental wellness and sustainability - are employee led and give different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds to fuel innovation and celebrate diverse voices. Find out more here Our Purpose | schuh
schuh stepped on the footwear scene in Edinburgh in 1981. We aren’t just a ‘shoe shop', but a destination where people can express their individuality, style and attitude for over 40 years. Be part of it.
Are you ready to take your customer service skills to the next level? This Management Trainee role will allow you to kick-start your retail management career with the opportunity to become a future leader. Our comprehensive training program will develop you in all aspects of retail and people management, providing you with all the tools you will need to take your next step into one of our Deputy Manager roles!
About the role/responsibilities:
- Learn to coach and develop your team to exceed every expectation
- Deliver what’s ultimately the most exceptional shopping experience on the high street from start to finish
- Help recruit and train new talent
- Setting goals, achieving targets and driving KPIs
- Striving for operational excellence
- Celebrating achievements
- Promote the schuh brand through our core service values
- Gain confidence in making commercial decisions within our visual merchandising guidelines
- Adhering to company policies and guidelines
About the person:
- Enthusiastic, incredibly ambitious and ready for anything
- Optimistic and energetic
- Prepared to work hard
- Act as a role model in store
- Passionate about retail/customer service/footwear
- Target driven
- Keen eye for detail and knowledge of trends
Fast paced and varied role where no two days the same, hard work is rewarded – development opportunities, investment in people with a wide range of perks and benefits including our commitment to investing in our people offering various progression and development opportunities as well as the below:
Perks of the job include:
- Up to 40% product discount for those amazing sneaks you want. You can also share this with your loved ones.
- Up to 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 34 when you have been with us three years
- Your birthday off to celebrate you
- Flexible working hours / contracts to work when suits you
- Annual £30/€40 gift card to use alongside 40% discount for shoes to wear to work
- Perk platform for hundreds of discounts
- Stream your wages as you earn them to get paid your way
- Employee assistance programme to support your wellbeing
- A pension scheme to help you save for the future
Our Recruitment Team will work as quickly as possible to review your application. In the meantime, if you have any questions or would like any additional information at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org